Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spotted Outside the National Museum

I think there was an event going on in the National Museum last night, which explained the crowd of relatively well-dressed people around school. I was on my way home in a bus when I spotted a foreigner wearing a cape (a superman cape that was bright red) walking towards the road. He looked at my bus which had stopped at the traffic junction outside the museum, and did a superman pose. Wow. Got to admire these forigner for their courage and spontaneity.

He then took off his cape, folded it, stuffed it into his pants in front - not the pockets, and non-chalantly flagged for a taxi. All these in the view of the passengers who just saw him do the pose. Again, wow.

__________

Today's the first day in ages when I tried studying at home. Can't be helped. The thought of me carrying my big bag of textbook + laptop through the heavy rain is more than enough to dissuade me from going out. However, what happened at home in the last 20 minutes justified my decision to study outside over the past weeks.

1) Lightning strikes caused two blackouts in the last twenty minutes.
2) Murphy's Law: A neighbour has to start doing DIY work today. Thus, I have to tolerate the drillings and hammerings.
3) I'm still blogging when I should be studying.
__________

The most effective marketing campaign

Spotted outside my school library over the past few afternoons were 'red-bull ladies' distributing free red-bull drinks. Just when we needed red-bull most. Definitely a plus for red-bull's brand image among SMU students.

__________

And finally, WHY THE HELL IS THE LIBRARY / SCH SO CROWDED with students!? Seriously, we need more space.

No comments: